For family and friends of service members serving overseas or on base with an APO/FPO address can get free care package supplies from the USPS. They’re very easy to order and the boxes will say “America Supports You” on them.
Care packages will always make your service member’s day. There’s nothing like getting mail from the ones you love while you’re away from them.
If you’re interested in ordering some Military Care Kits from USPS, click here.
What is included in the "Military Care Kit?"
- 2 Priority Mail APO/FPO Flat Rate Boxes
- 2 Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Boxes (top loading)
- 2 Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Boxes (side loading)
- 1 Roll of Priority Mail Tape
- 6 Priority Mail Address Labels
- 6 Appropriate Customs Declaration and Dispatch Notes
- 6 Customs Form Envelopes
Can I order more than one kit?
The USPS will allow you to order a max of 5 kits each time you order.
What are some things I can send to my service member in a care package?
Need some ideas for your next care package? Sweets and junk food are great, but they can’t live off of that every day. Think about the things they could eat and use every day and the things that will remind them of home. Here’s my list of suggestions for a care package for a military member:
- Shave Butter, Deodorant, hand and body lotion, lip balm, bars of soap, hand sanitizer, body wash, eye drops, toothpaste, floss, sunscreen, bug spray, icy hot, instant heating pads, hand warmers if it’s cold where they are
- Beef Jerky, Nuts, Protein Bars, Popcorn, Easy Mac, Trail Mix
- Their favorite sauces (hot sauce, mustard, ketchup, honey, etc.)
- A water bottle (Something that will keep things hot or cold)
- Holiday decorations
- Books, crossword puzzles
- Handwritten notes or artwork from the kids
- Photo album filled with your favorite photos of their family and friends
- iTunes Gift Cards (they can always download audio books and music or apps to keep them busy during the deployment down time